· The Frederick District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration and will give as
much notice as possible, so you can register for another class or request a refund.
· No babysitting services are offered.
· No absences are permitted for classes that are to be completed on a 2-day time frame.
· Classes that are one day on a 5-week time frame may have a one day excused absence for an unusual hardship. However,
left up to the discretion of the instructor, the student should make up the session missed.
CLASS COST: Does not include the required text.
· Paper registration – complete paper Registration Form making sure to mark the class you are registering for and send it with a
$40 check made payable to the BWC Treasurer and mailed to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Tonia Bennett, Lay Servant
Academy, 703 W Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701
· Online registration with credit card - $35
· Go to Baltimore-Washington Conference website https://www.bwcumc.org/lay-servant-ministry-training/ > Frederick District.
Required text(s) need to be purchased prior to class by the student, and reading assignments that are sent by the instructor need to be completed prior to attending class. The texts may be purchased through:
Be sure to keep a copy of the certificate you will receive upon completion of the course. It will be needed along with a signed and approved Certified Lay Servant and Certified Lay Speaker Application to become a Certified Lay Servant. You will also need copies of both the Basic completion certificate and the advanced completion certificate for your annual report for Church Conference each year.